It is that time of year and everyone I know is getting sick. I know so many parents right now that are getting sick because the babies are bringing home a cold from school and this time of year brings a lot of colds. WHY?
The reason we detox in the Fall is to support the lungs and the large intestine and prevent colds. If the lungs are weak, then no matter how much vitamin C or probiotics you take, you will get sick. I have found over the years, my lungs are a weak organ for me. When you detox each season, you focus on a specific organ. This season we focus on the lungs and the large intestine. By eating foods that are in season and removing toxic waste and mucous from the body, you will improve your immune system. The amazing part of what I am sharing with you is this – you can naturally prevent sickness that leads to congestion, colds, weight gain and digestion issues.
If you are getting sick or you just cannot beat that lingering cough or feel stuffy all of the time, then it is time to clean out the pipes. You can clean up and de-sludge here.
This is my go to when I am feeling blah (meaning got to get to the sickness before it gets to me). BUT, remember sickness prevention is easy when the pies are clean and the lungs are strong.
COLD PREVENTION SMOOTHIE
- 3 kale leaves (cause this is the NEW BEEF) LOL
- 1/4 cup spinach (cause green is alkalizing)
- handful of parsley (cause this supports the kidneys to flush)
- 1/2 banana or avocado for my peeps who wanna say bye bye sugar
- 1 1/2 cup dairy free milk (cause it does not bloat ya)
- 1 clove (cause this kills pathogens and parasites naturally)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon (kills bacteria naturally)
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil (kills pathogens and boost energy)
- dash of turmeric (anti-inflammatory)
- 1 splash vanilla extract
- ICE + BLEND
MT TIPS FOR ULTIMATE IMMUNE HEALTH
*by adding the warming spices this aids in digestion for the cooler fall weather – especially important IF smoothies tend to bloat you
*remember to CHEW your smoothie as your stomach does not have teeth
* digestion begins in the mouth – chewing is essential for the digestion process to begin
Beat the FALL colds the right way!
xo, Rachel Feldman