Detox – Why Should I Care?
Toxins affect all of us and just by changing a few things to clean up your life, you can see dramatic difference in your health and well being.
With all the chemicals and pollutants that we are exposed to through the food we eat, the water we drink, the products we use and the air we breathe, the question is no longer IF we are toxic. The real question is HOW toxic we are.
Everybody in this world has detectable level of toxins in the body.
- Study has shown that every organism on the planet has detectable level of Teflon in the body.
- 287 chemicals were detected in umbilical cord blood of newborns. They include pesticides, consumer product ingredients, waste materials from burning coal, gasoline, or garbage.Our babies are born with toxic substances in their bodies, even before being exposed to the toxins. A benchmark investigation of industrial chemicals, pollutants and pesticides in umbilical cord blood by the Environmental Working Group (an American watch dog group) back in 2005 showed that 287 chemicals were detected in umbilical cord blood of newborns. They include pesticides, consumer product ingredients, waste materials from burning coal, gasoline, or garbage.
- 180 of the 287 chemicals found are known to cause cancer in human or animals.
- 217 are toxic to the brain and nervous system.
- 208 of those are shown to cause birth defects or abnormal development in animal tests.
So now you know about Detox.
If your system is toxic, your digestion will be weakened.
Watch my video on liver toxicity and how you can improve your digestion with a simple, safe and whole foods detox.