Today I have a dear friend on the podcast, Reed Davis. Reed is not only the founder of Functional Diagnostic Nutrition, but he is what I like to call a health detective. Reed helps his students and clients figure out how to navigate their health issues instead of just putting bandaids on them!
Over 20 years ago, Reed recognized people were caught in a “cycle of trial and error” and he committed to being the last person they needed to see. While working with top leaders in alternative medicine, he ran thousands of labs on thousands of people and learned to identify “healing opportunities.” Using all-natural, drug-free protocols, Reed made observations about who got better and who didn’t, codifying which “general principles of health building” would outperform “specific treatments” being provided by standard and even alternative medicine. And through this work, he then developed the Functional Diagnostic Nutrition® Certification Course and D.R.E.S.S. for Health Success Protocol® to educate and empower as many people as possible about how to get well and stay well naturally, so they, in turn, may empower others to do the same.
In today’s interview we will discuss:
- The reasons some women don’t get their hormones back into balance
- The importance of looking at your client’s health as a whole
- Testing for medical conditions and the underlying causes
- The importance of looking at upstream factors to get to the underlying causes and conditions
- How to work with a functional practitioner
- Looking at healing opportunities in the different areas of the body
- The importance of working with a doctor who will “co-work” with you
- Getting past our symptoms so we can get to high performance
- Why individuality is so important to remember when working with clients
- Detoxification is not a one-time thing: it’s a journey
- How to determine what diet is right for you
Remember that the general principles of health building will always outperform specific treatment. If you are working with clients and stuck in the what to do next phase or even stuck in your own health, I encourage you to listen to this whole episode so you can make sure you have some of these fundamentals in place. Issues can be cleared up significantly with food and detoxifying your system. It’s important to remember that sometimes you will need extra support as well.
That wraps up our episode for today! Remember that you can reach out to me and I would be happy to connect you with a functional medicine practitioner. I would love to connect you with Reed and his amazing school so you can educate yourself and take yourself on your path to wellness.
Thanks for tuning in…. that’s all for today! See you next week.
Where to connect with Reed: