Today I get to introduce you to one of my long term friends– someone I have used to protect my own health business. She has her own amazing podcast that you need to check out if you don’t subscribe already! I am pumped for you to meet her!
Lisa Fraley, JD is an Attorney, Legal Coach, Speaker, and #1 Best-Selling Author of Easy Legal Steps…That are Also Good for Your Soul. She’s the host of the “Legally Enlightened” podcast on iTunes and a frequent legal expert who has been featured on over 250 webinars and podcasts, including top-ranked “Entrepreneur on Fire”. Lisa speaks at live events from British Columbia to the Bellagio.
As a Holistic Lawyer, Lisa blends legal expertise and caring health & life coaching skills to help heart-centered entrepreneurs protect their businesses and brands with contracts, disclaimers, trademarks, and more. She shares her “Legal Love” through DIY legal templates and 1:1 services and is known for aligning legal steps with the chakras.
Make sure to tune in for another great episode!
In today’s interview we will discuss:
- How Lisa started her health business and why she shifted to the legal space
- How to run a thriving and profitable business without making a claim
- What you can say and not say when you are coaching your clients
- What to watch out for when you are using the word “heal”
- How to teach and share your story
- Looking at your role as a health coach
- Making sure you stay in the lane of being a health coach, not being a medical professional
- How to guide your clients on a path to empowerment
- When you should encourage your clients to talk to their doctors
- The importance of knowing what you’re allowed to do based upon where your business is based
- What the role of a health coach is and isn’t
- How to show your clients the process they can take towards better health
- Making sure to come from a place of educating your clients
- How to set up your client intake forms based on state laws
- Why you need a disclaimer on your website
- What other forms need a disclaimer
- What a written client agreement is and why you need one
- How to put legal protections in place and not leave yourself vulnerable
- The importance of auditing your website
Ready to get legally protected?
These are the exact templates I use on my website and I encourage you to use as well. This is my affiliate link and by law I need to tell you!
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
That’s all for today! See you next week.
Where to connect with Lisa:
Check out The Legally Enlightened Podcast
Learn what needs to be in your Website Disclamer so you don’t leave your website legally naked. Receive Chapter 1 of Lisa’s book “Easy Legal Steps….That Are Also Good For Your Soul” at lisafraley.com/book
Free Resources to Grow Your Business
Ready to build a business without the overwhelm? Save time creating content and MORE time finding clients >> Go Here
Subscribe & Review on Apple Podcasts
Are you subscribed to my podcast? If you’re not, I want to encourage you to do that today so you don’t miss any future episodes! I already have so many amazing guests and topics lined up, I would hate for you to miss a single one! Click here to subscribe on Apple Podcasts
Could I ask a big favor? If you are loving the podcast, I would LOVE it if you would leave me a review on Apple Podcasts. I read each and every review. Wondering how to leave a review? Click here to review, then select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review”. You rock! THANK YOU!