No matter what age you are, you want to look and feel your best. Whether you live in Florida or vacation here, you are most likely wearing bathing suits and other revealing clothing— so looking your best is important!
Do you ever wonder why you get cellulite or those wrinkles on your face? Are you annoyed with those tiny bumps on your thighs and butt? What if I told you that you could eat certain foods that banish cellulite and improve the quality of your skin? You truly can eat your way to healthier skin, hair and nails.
So what is cellulite? Cellulite is much more than just fat. It is a collection of fat, toxins and water that are trapped under your skin. Imagine your body trying to get rid of all these toxins to no avail, because your body is not detoxifying them properly. If your body is clogged and cannot flush itself out naturally, impurities get stored somewhere in the body— and that somewhere tends to be on your buttocks and your thighs. Cellulite is a woman’s worst enemy.
You can exercise and sweat daily, but if you don’t have the key foods in your diet to banish those annoying little bumps then you will lose this stressful battle. All the willpower in the world and all the hours in the gym cannot get rid of those bumps…but eating the right foods can!
So let’s update your diet to include foods that banish cellulite for good.
First let’s talk about why cellulite occurs:
Cellulite occurs for a few different reasons.
- Diet: Foods that contain toxins such as fried foods, alcohol and processed are cellulite triggers.
- Genes: The body type that you have will sometimes be more prone to cellulite.
- Hormones: How your body handles its change in estrogen and progesterone (pluspregnancy and birth control can affect cellulite as well).
- Age: The tone and elasticity of your body decreases over time.
What do I say to all of these contributing conditions to your cellulite problems? Let’s get those trapped fat cells out of your body now!
Take my suggestions and make these simple changes in your diet, and you will watch the cellulite vanish and improve the quality of your skin.
- Get hydrated. The biggest contributing factor to cellulite is lack of proper hydration. When your body is not getting enough fluids to flush out its toxins, that is when you will see cellulite bumps appear on your body. One of my favorite ways to hydrate your cells is to drink Zico Coconut Water. I suggest drinking 8 ounces of Zico Coconut water a day.
- Water: Drink up! No matter what you do, FLUSH, FLUSH, FLUSH those toxins away. Aim for drinking 2 liters of fresh water every day if you want to get rid of cellulite. Add lemon to your water to help your body detoxify even further.
- Caffeine: Make sure when you drink coffee or caffeinated tea, you drink 8 ounces of water afterwards to re-hydrate. When you are enjoying a nice cup of iced tea sitting by the pool, make sure you that chase it with some fresh H2O because that caffeine dehydrates the body.
- Alcohol: Now I know you love your cocktails, but I hate to break the news to you: alcohol is a toxin, and if you want smoother skin, then make sure you limit your alcohol. The liver has to work extremely hard to flush alcohol from your system, and cellulite is simply a build up of those toxins trapped under the skin. Limit the toxic load for your body!
- Ditch the processed foods and food additives. Anything that comes in a wrapper is toxic for you body. Think fresh and eat fresh. You are what you eat. Your skin is a reflection of the food you put into your body.
Here are my suggestions for foods that will banish cellulite, make you look young and give you great hair, nails and skin.
Your Healthy Shopping List:
- Lean Meat: Eggs, lean red meat, chicken, tofu, and turkey will help to strengthen the connective tissue and improve skin health.
- Fresh “fatty fishes”: Salmon, mackerel and sardines provide us with those healthy Omega 3’s. Omega 3’s improve blood flow in your body and increase the quality of your connective tissue, making cellulite less visible.
- Lots of Fresh Greens: Enjoy a variety of brightly colored vegetables. I always say eat the rainbow daily for your phytonutrients and antioxidants in order to prevent tissue damage. Eating foods that are rich in potassium will help your body to look good and feel good, such as celery, cucumber, bell peppers, broccoli and spinach to name a few.
- Yogurt: For healthy digestion and getting good bacteria flourishing in your body.
- Eat more fruit: Fruit is full of powerful antioxidants that remove toxins from your body. Think berries: strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and goji berries.
- Make fiber and whole grains your best friend: Whole Grains such oatmeal, brown rice, quinoa and ground flax meal are great for you!
- Eat healthy fats! Don’t ditch fats such as avocado, because they repair tissue.
- Foods that are high in Vitamin C: Tomatoes, kiwis, oranges and red bell peppers.
- Foods that are high in water content will help to flush your toxins out, such as grapes, watermelon, melons, cantaloupe and grapefruit! You can add these to your water for extra flavor or enjoy them for a great snack.
10. Sea Vegetables: Even Dr.Oz swears by sea vegetables for banishing cellulite. So stop by your local organic market and pick up kelp and dulse sprinkles and add them to your favorite foods. These sea veggies are full of “beauty minerals” to keep you looking pretty: silicon ,sulfur, zinc & iron.
So banish your cellulite today and have wonderful skin by making some simple changes to your diet,The foods that you put into your mouth always show on your and your body! Remember the old saying: you are what you eat.
In Health and Wellness,
Rachel Feldman CHHC, AADP
Owner of Rachel’s Wellness