Since I found out we may get a hurricane, I have been thinking what do I need in my home.
I have my essential oils. I have all my probiotics that do not require a fridge but what will we eat. I looked at some grocery lists and the foods were not foods that I consider, Clean Eating.
When I began to think, ” OMG, what will we eat?”
I did freak out for a moment and then put my own shopping list together.
I thought about meals I eat like avocado and flax crackers or paleo (grain free crackers), made with almond meal.
I wrote out a shopping list and headed to the market. I know we are supposed to get hit on Sunday, but this list is great for anyone who is going camping, making it through a hurricane or going for a long road trip.
Here is your health food shopping list Holistic Style – in case you are getting hit by a Hurricane.
And remember, hydration is key, which is why we use coconut water. I drink 4 ounces at least per day and add some to my kids drinks because they do not love the taste of coconut water.
They love coconut water kefir, a bubbly fermented drink with good bacteria, but not straight coconut water.
Enjoy this Hurricane Food Shopping list. Shop and get prepped.
- 15 avocados
- 10 oranges
- 10 pears
- Beef Jerky
- 15 apples
- 1o red peppers to eat with almond butter
- 10 kevitas, coconut water kefir loaded with good bacteria
- 20 protein bars
- 1 jug protein powder to Make protein balls
- Nuts, seeds for me, dried fruit, dehydrated apples and shredded coconut
- Coconut water
- 20 lemons
- Almond butter, raw cacao and pumpkin seed butter
- Hemp Seeds (tons of protein packed in those seeds)
- Coconut oil
- Manuka honey
- Paleo bread
- Brown rice tortillas
- Dates and Figs (awesome for energy and great to eat with almond butter)
- Crackers Paleo style
- Flax crackers
- Dried peas
- Chlorophyll (great to add to water for the Green Drink daily). I add 2 tbsp. to 16 ounces of water and then add the juice of one lemon or 1 drop of lemon essential oil. Contact me if you are interested in me sending you a sample.
- Gluten free cereal for kids
- Chia Seeds to make chia pudding
- Almond milk, hemp milk and coconut milk (canned or in a box) to mix with protein powder.
And lots of batteries.
Recipes and Quick Tips
- Pre make the protein balls and then put them in your freezer or cooler. The protein balls can also
- Chia Seed pudding is so easy. Add the ingredients above and let sit for 30 minutes to 60 minutes to let the chia pudding set, then top with your favorite fruit.
Be safe, Be careful and know I am thinking of you as we try to make to prepare for the hurricane here in Florida.