It has been said that “all Disease begins in the Gut”- Hippocrates, the father of modern medicine.
I believe he is correct. Scientists are even calling the gut the second brain because 95% of your serotonin is manufactured in your gut. I know it is crazy..so if your gut is a mess then you are not making enough serotonin for a happy and healthy life. When we don’t have enough serotonin then we can feel depressed, have anxiety, mood swings, insomnia and have increased cravings for sweets and carbohydrates.
Yep, you heard me right your cravings for sweets get out of control.
How does your gut get our of balance?
Most people who have gut issues tend to have some yeast, otherwise known as candida, imbalance. Candida Albicans occurs naturally in our intestines. But the problem begins when this natural bacteria begins to overgrow and then becomes a fungus.
The key to a healthy gut is maintaing a healthy balance of good bacteria so the bad bacteria cannot grow and cause chaos. But this is not always the case. So why would your gut be a mess?
In today’s world we battle the following:
- Take Antibiotics
- Take Birth Control
- Eat Poor Diets
- Drink Polluted Tap Water
- Have Food Allergies or Intolerances
- Fluctuating Hormones
- Compromised Immune Systems
So how do we fix this problem because who wants to be moody and shoving our face with sweets and carbohydrates?
The answer is to restore and rebuild your gut.
- Change your diet to a low sugar and low carbohydrate diet
- Add cultured vegetables to your meals. I suggest starting with 1 tablespoon because they are very powerful.
- Cut out processed food, white flours and sugars
- Add in a high quality probiotic
- Eliminate foods that may be wreaking havoc on your system
- Eat foods like garlic that naturally kill unwanted bacteria or yeast
- Introduce herbs that kill bacteria or yeast if tolerated
- Stress Less + Laugh More
Balancing the Gut can be a tough job. Trust me. I have suffered with imbalances that led to ulcerative colitis and so I speak from experience. This bacteria is smart and tricky because it knows how to hide in your fatty tissues, so working with a health coach to guide you through a gut rebuilding program is key.
Contact me if you would like to know more information about my detox programs to restore and rebuild you