Health Coaches : Are you signed up for the webinar where I talk about my most recent interviews with Marc David Ipe, Bernardo Mendez, Nisha Moodley & Cora Poage?
I will also be sharing information on the done for you Fall Programs for Health Professionals. We are happy to announce a new weight loss (whole foods program), plus a new detox and a detox for all the essential oil peeps out there, who want to know all the days to incorporate oils or products w/some extra bonuses. If you are not a oil geek, and you want to be, then email today at email@example.com.
I still remember my first big workshop flop, it was soooo embarrassing. I was asked by an acupuncturist friend of mine to speak in front of about 50 people at a really high-end community for older folks in South Florida. This was the first time I ever put together a PowerPoint for a workshop.
I was so nervous about making sure the slides were on the USB (which I had never used or heard of before this point), that I totally forgot my materials at home. I showed up with no sign up sheet, no business, no handouts… nothing. After that experience, I realized I needed a better way to organize my preparation for workshops so that never happened again. So I put together a workshop checklist of sorts, which I want to share with you today.
BEFORE THE WORKSHOP
- Pick a date, location, and compelling title
- Start marketing about 3 weeks in advance – blog about the topic I’ll be speaking about, drip tips & content through social media – provide value & give people a reason to show up
- Put out flyers about the workshop (if you’re doing this at another business’ location, they can post flyers for you as well and promote it to their list)
- Prepare handouts & materials for workshop
- Get clear on the goal of my workshop (Is it to get people to health histories? Do you want people to sign up for one of your programs? Are you selling something? Are you using this to build your list?)
- Pick a way you will follow up with your people – add them to your mailing list, send them a free gift that relates to the topic of your workshop, etc.
DAY OF THE WORKSHOP
- Bring materials – sign up sheet, business cards, handouts, PowerPoint, and anything else you’re using to present
- Arrive early to prepare the space and set up materials
- Put out a sign up sheet to collect names & emails
- Breathe, center, and stay calm – you’re gonna rock this!
- Nail the presentation
- Make your close – what can you offer these people that makes sense with what you were presenting?
AFTER THE WORKSHOP
- Send an email thanking everyone for attending
- Offer them a free gift (an audio, a handout, an ebook, etc.) related to what you were speaking about (make sure you send this to those who could not make it in-person, too)
- Remind them of your offer (health history, discount on program, etc.)
- Add names from sign up sheet to your mailing list
- Keep this checklist on hand so you don’t make the same mistake I did. That’s what we’re here for – to learn from each other – right?
I have been doing so many interviews with top pioneers in this industry and I will be sharing parts of the interview with you. I’m excited to be sharing more of this kind of stuff – avoiding the mistakes & the steps it takes to become a successful health coach – on my upcoming webinar, How to Earn a Living as a Health Coach: The VIP Rockout Call.
Sign up here to grab your spot (only change makers and hungry coaches should apply & I know that is YOU!) If you haven’t already, make sure you sign up here. You don’t want to miss this (and, even if you do, I’ll still send ya the recording).