I cannot tell you how amazing juicing has been for me. I suffered with digestive issues, an autoimmune, allergies and exhaustion for the longest time until I started juicing. Juicing treats your body with nutrients, vitamins, and raw enzymes that are easy to digest and enter your blood stream immediately. How amazing to be able to give your body this gift of liquid energy, right? There are myriad benefits of juicing:
- Feeling happier and having more balanced moods.
- Improved sleep, which means no more waking up at 3 am!
- More energy, which means less cravings.
- Clearer skin and brighter eyes, which means no more pimples on the face (yep adult acne can stink)!
- Better digestion and assimilation, which means absorbing nutrients in an easy to digest state.
- Weight loss, which means a happier and healthier you.
- Less belly bloat, which means you are digesting and absorbing your food.
- Feeling more powerful because you are taking control of your health, which means you make healthier choices all day.
Many people think of Juicing as a 1 or 3 day Juice Cleanse but Juicing is a wonderful way to alkalize, bring more oxygen to your cells to regenerate and revitalize your body everyday. Juicing gives you the adequate nutrients to support the regeneration of cells and organs while purging your body of toxic waste that can lead to a lack of vitality and disease.
I drink a Juice every morning and every night and this helps me to feel less bloated, more energized and is great for a good night’s sleep.
Juicing is different from drinking smoothies because you are having just the juice without any pulp. The body can easily consume up to ten pounds of vegetables in juices, which would be very difficult to accomplish while eating vegetables with the fiber. This is ideal for people with IBS, leaky gut, candida, and even Crohn’s Disease.
Juicing is also a powerful way to replenish and hydrate the body, for example: after exercising, to address health issues like exhaustion, or even during treatments such as chemotherapy. My favorite way to save on buying healthy, fresh and organic vegetables and fruits it to find a local CSA or farmer’s market in your area. I love shopping at my local farm, here in Florida called Bedner’s. I bring my kids and we have a ton of fun, plus they learn about being healthy – farm to table.
Juicing gives your digestion a break and a chance to completely rest. Juicing is different from drinking smoothies because you are having just the juice without any pulp. The body can easily consume up to ten pounds of vegetables in juices, which would be very difficult to accomplish while eating vegetables with the fiber. This is ideal for people with IBS, leaky gut, candida, and even Crohn’s Disease. Juicing is also a powerful way to replenish and hydrate the body, for example: after exercising, to address health issues like exhaustion, or even during treatments such as chemotherapy.
My favorite way to save on buying healthy, fresh and organic vegetables and fruits it to find a local CSA or farmer’s market in your area. I love shopping at my local farm, here in Florida called Bedner’s Farm. I bring my kids and we have a ton of fun, plus they learn about being healthy – farm to table.
My favorite Juicers are:
- Breville 800JEXL JuiceFountain Elite
- Omega 8004 Juicer
- And last but not least, I have the Champion 2000 Juicer, which I have owned and used for 7 years.
Juicing is simple – follow these step-by-step instructions for juicing your heart out.
- Directions: Juice all of the ingredients through a juicer; add a dash of cinnamon or cayenne if you want to warm up your digestion, which is great for optimal assimilation of nutrients.
- All juices must be made in a juicer, or use a Vitamix or other high-speed blender to blend and then strain the juice through cheesecloth.
- If you have thyroid issues or are sensitive to foods that contain goitrogens, any of these greens can be substituted with parsley or lettuce, or you can lightly steam or blanch the dark leafy greens before using.
- All Juices are made for 1-2 servings – but if you are like me, then you will save it all for yourself.
The Juices that will change your life. THE PERFECT JUICES FOR ULTIMATE HEALTH.
1 green apple
1 bunch Spinach
1/2 cup strawberries
1 bunch parsley
1 handful of kale
1/2 head of romaine lettuce
1 green apple
6 stalks celery
5 Asparagus spears
3 celery stalks
1 handful of parsley
juice of 1 lemon
Dash of cayenne to jumpstart your metabolism.
Ok, you may be thinking to yourself, “Why am I putting asparagus in my juice?”
Asparagus is a powerful antioxidant rich in glutathione needed for healthy detoxification and metabolism. Adding asparagus to any juice will add a creamy taste plus give you a boost of energy you want and desire. Let me break it down real simple for you guys. Juicing has changed my life. I make time every morning to juice my vegetables. I set aside the 10 minutes to Juice and then clean my machine because Juicing supports my liver to detox the junk, gives me nutrients in an easy to digest form and allows me to drink the rainbow everyday. I encourage you to take 20 minutes out of your day to juice and change your life.
Before, I let you go…there is one more trick I have.
I love using lemon and lime in all my juices plus I add them to the water I drink everyday because they support the lymphatic system and the liver to detoxify, which means less colds, less bloat and a healthier you. Yep, I also use essential oils in my juices. You may have seen the episode on the Real Housewives of Orange County, not that I watch the show, but somebody told me they were chatting about essential oils.
Why? Because essential oils have the ability to cleanse the body on a cellular level. I am not here to say you need to add lemon, grapefruit or lime oil to your juice everyday but I do. You can use pure therapeutic grade oils three ways and one of them is ingesting. Again, I am sharing this info with you to educate and empower you and now you need to see what feels right for you.
You can check out more information about essential oils here. I know, for me, adding a few drops of essential oils have been amazing but they are powerful enough that you can simply apply them to your wrist and cleanse your body. Get Empowered. Get Recharged. Feel Renewed as we move into the Fall Season.
It has been an honor to be a part of Williams-Sonoma Juice Week and share the message of health and wellness across the world.
xoxo, Rachel Feldman Health Coach, Detox Specialist and Momma on a Mission www.rachelswellness.com